What’s ready for the first release:
- Official Changelog Here
- Added 5-way reboot (including the usual options + switch system)
- Added init.d support
- Removed system update button for now, as well as the “Report to MIUI” button
- Made the two system partitions have independent data storage (as long as one of them is MIUI_Au it will work )
- Added libs for beats, xloud, bravia engine and playstation certification (thanks RockoDev & XXXPacha) – If you don’t notice any difference, neither do I, but it’s all in there for those who insist on it.
- Removed mpdecision (better performance and battery life)
- Updated adreno libs
- Added Google Ears (Sound Search widget) and Play Store (more gapps to come later)
- Included Media Uploader and the HTC Picasa plugin (I have no way to test whether these work or are useful at all?)
- Removed SuperMarket and BugReport (temporarily)
- Included the aGPS patch from crypted (mine syncs up extremely quickly)
- Ad-Free hosts file
- Patched libsqlite for better data performance
- AppWidgetPicker for those who prefer other launchers (thanks to boombuler)
- Google location readded instead of the default (as of the last week) Baidu service
- Fixed the FC problem related to Xiaomi having coded a string wrong in Superuser
- Added a few binaries and init.d tweaks for better performance
- Busybox properly installed to /system/xbin at install time
- All apks resigned fully (and correctly) – so I can modify whatever I want to without breaking them Also fixes GoogleBackupTransport being signed with the wrong key, it needs to have the platform key.
- Probably more I can’t remember…
Included in Control Panel:
- Centre/switched/normal status bar layout
- Overscroll effect and weight
- Enable on-screen keys
- IO Scheduler and read ahead buffer for internal and SD Card
- CPU Governor/Min/Max settings
- A few other external apks are linked to from Control Panel (Terminal, Development) to save desktop clutter
Installation & Support Instructions:
- The zip isn’t signed, back when I first tried the built-in recovery wouldn’t accept it so need to investigate more. For now, flash using the Updater in whatever rom is currently installed, select installation pack, choose MIUI_Au-MiOne-2.7.6.zip and it will install to the other system partition. The switch system menu option in Updater seems to be gone in 2.7.6 (at least for me?) so if your running that you’ll have to reboot to recovery and pick whichever system partition it installed to to boot into. I’m glad my 5-way reboot switch system still works :p. No data wipe is necessary for first flash, as it will start fresh anyway .
- Any errors, feel free to post but do not demand a solution.
- Flash at your own risk, and always take a backup before doing so.
MIUI 2.3.5y GB:
- Will (probably) only work on the ICS partition table (if your not on that, then your obviously only running GB anyway, so this release is useless to you)
- Pretty much completely stock (was just a test project to see how/if it was possible. Of course it is )
- Works independently of any ICS rom you may have installed in the other system partition
- Same rules with the zip (flash from other system through Updater)
- If anyone wants this in their own language, grab your countries last GB release for the M1, and replace EVERYTHING in the /system/app and /system/framework directories of the zip (as well as any other stuff like themes, gps.conf, etc) with the translated versions. I’ve modified nothing in there, so it (99% sure) should function just fine, with the added bonus of working alongside a v4 build.
- AFAIK this is the only GB rom that will cooperate with having an ICS rom installed opposite it, so enjoy!