- Official Changelog Here. Please join the new official English MIUI forum.
- Not much from me other than I added some custom carrier label options to Lennox Control
- Was nice to see quite a few improvements in the base English from Xiaomi, so a good sign for the future
- I’m very sorry for the delays this week but my network has been crap, and I’m super busy IRL at the moment.
- System Mods
- Aroma Installer, compatible with MiRecovery or LennoxRecovery. Choose which system to flash!
- 5-way reboot (including Normal, Hot Boot, Bootloader, Recovery & Switch System)
- Supports init.d scripts
- Kernel is insecure for easy ADB access
- Two system partitions have independent data storage
- Updated adreno libs for better GPU performance
- Custom hosts file for blocking ad servers
- Patched libsqlite for better data performance
- aGPS patch for much better GPS performance (thanks to crypted)
- Busybox properly installed to /system/xbin at install time
- Removed SuperMarket, BugReport and original Weather widget (useless outside of China)
- Added Google Ears, Media Uploader, Play Store, GoogleTTS, GTalk, and Google Now (all other Gapps are available on the market)
- Modded Xperia S ICS Keyboard (English Only)
- DSP Manager Mod (uses Beats/xLoud/SoundAura). Found in Settings -> Sound & Vibration -> Equaliser
- Genie Widget Mod (MIUI Weather widget style)
- HTC Picasa plugin (Still don’t know whether this is actually useful for anyone?)
- AppWidgetPicker for those who prefer other launchers (thanks to boombuler)
- Google location included instead of the default Baidu service (solves network location problems)
- Added Lennox Control Panel (more details below)
- Full AOSP language set in framework-res (solves some issues, but the ROM is still only English/Chinese)
- Jelly Bean SDK animations, plus a few png’s and some status bar styling. Purely for looks.
- All widgets are resizable, in any launcher which supports the ICS API for resizing widgets (Note: this includes MiuiHome )
- Removed system update button and “Report to MIUI” button
- Google is the default search engine in the Browser, instead of Baidu
- No recommended tab in MMS except for Chinese users
- Multilingual T9 Dialer (thanks to roenano)
- Lennox Control Panel
- Centre/Switched/Normal status bar layout
- Overscroll effect and weight
- Customise/disable carrier label
- Enable on-screen keys
- IO Scheduler and read ahead buffer for internal and SD Card
- Dual mount SD Card
- CPU Governor/Min/Max settings
- A few other external apks are linked to from Control Panel (Terminal, Development, Device Tests) to save desktop clutter
To-Do List (if it’s not listed, suggest it to me but don’t be offended if I say NO):
- Add the option to hide icon labels in MIUIHome
- Fix MMS messaging quality (I’m not sure if this is an operator problem or a ROM problem?)
- Include OTA update notifications
Installation & Support Instructions:
- I recommend using LennoxRecovery v2 (available here).
- If you want to test the new Free Desktop, go here for an English version of the Angry Birds theme, or here for the new Warm Space theme. Once the theme is applied, swipe down with two fingers on the homescreen to see it in action. Swipe up with two fingers to go back to the standard MIUI homescreen.
- Any errors, feel free to post but do not demand a solution.
- Flash at your own risk, and always take a backup before doing so.
Incremental Update (Will only flash over existing 2.9.7 AU ROM) [14MB] – MD5: f7c3a1ccdeff43e701e94668f5647624
Full Rom Package [140MB] – MD5: b5bcfb786be69afad0d1ba2093250990