- Official Changelog Here
- Fixed the bug with notifications and widget moving not clearing the display properly.
- Changed to Jelly Bean animations (before anyone says they liked the Sense ones, thats what was causing the issues above, and I didn’t like them enough to bother looking into fixing it. I quite like the JB ones now)
- Added Miui Weather themed Genie weather widget, so everyone can have their weather forecast look good (some code based on the LP Sense Clock widget, some done myself, png’s by Xiaomi, obviously). Haven’t removed the two original widgets in MiuiHome yet, so look for the one with the Weather icon, not the widget preview image .
- Not a lot else at this stage, as I had to focus on getting my new machine up and running. All going good now, so hopefully will free up more of my time to perhaps do some actual dev stuff.
- There have been a few small changes here and there, and 99% of the mods I haven’t even looked at this week as its all scripted now (and yes, scripted well, not just a blind copy-paste), so there MAY be issues. That said, I haven’t noticed any yet, and I’m fairly confident there shouldn’t be any.
Included in MIUI-Au:
- 5-way reboot (including Normal, Hot Boot, Bootloader, Recovery & Switch System)
- Supports init.d
- Removed system update button and “Report to MIUI” button
- Removed SuperMarket, BugReport and original Weather widget.
- Made the two system partitions have independent data storage (as long as one of them is MIUI_Au it will work )
- Includes libs for beats, xloud, bravia engine and playstation certification (thanks RockoDev & XXXPacha) – If you don’t notice any difference, neither do I, but it’s all in there for those who insist on it.
- Removed mpdecision (better performance and battery life)
- Updated adreno libs
- Jelly Bean SDK animations
- Added Google Ears (Sound Search widget) and Play Store (more gapps to come later)
- Includes modified Genie Widget to provide MIUI style for us international users
- Included Media Uploader and the HTC Picasa plugin (I have no way to test whether these work or are useful at all?)
- Includes crypted’s aGPS patch for extremely good GPS performance
- Ad-Free hosts file
- Patched libsqlite for better data performance
- AppWidgetPicker for those who prefer other launchers (thanks to boombuler)
- Google location included instead of the default Baidu service
- Busybox properly installed to /system/xbin at install time
Included in Control Panel:
- Centre/switched/normal status bar layout
- Overscroll effect and weight
- Enable on-screen keys
- IO Scheduler and read ahead buffer for internal and SD Card
- CPU Governor/Min/Max settings
- A few other external apks are linked to from Control Panel (Terminal, Development) to save desktop clutter
Installation & Support Instructions:
- The zip still isn’t signed, so for now, flash by opening the Updater app whilst booted into the rom you DON’T want to be replaced by the update, select installation pack, choose the file you downloaded and it will install to the other system partition. Then switch systems to use the new rom.
- Any errors, feel free to post but do not demand a solution.
- Flash at your own risk, and always take a backup before doing so.